What Must I Do To Be Saved?
1. God has spoken by giving us the Bible and wants us to listen.
2 Timothy 3:16 says “All scripture is given by inspiration of God…”
2. God tells us He loves us.
Romans 5:8 tells us “But God commendeth [showed] his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
1 John 4:10 says “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation [satisfaction] for our sins.”
3. God tells us that sinning, disobeying Him, has its consequences.
Romans 3:23 says “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
Romans 6:23 tells us “For the wages of sin is death [separation from God]; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
4. God gave His Son, Jesus Christ, to bear the consequences for our sin to save us from eternal death.
1 Peter 3:18 goes on to say “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God…”
5. God calls us to repent. We must choose for ourselves to turn from our sin and ask God to save us.
To repent is to agree with God about your sin and to turn from it to Him. It is a change of mind that results in a change of action in your heart and life.
Ezekiel 18:30 says about repenting: “…Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions [sins]; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.”
Romans 10:9-10 says “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved…”
6. God in His Word says we need to accept Jesus Christ as our Savior now while we can.
1 Corinthians 6:2 says “Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”
7. Are you willing to answer His call to repent of your sin and ask Him to save you?
If so, please put your faith in Jesus Christ and call upon Him right now. Your prayer must be from your heart and may be like this:
“Dear God, I admit that You are holy and I am a sinner. I know that I cannot save myself but believe that Jesus took the punishment for my sin and was buried and was risen again to save me. I repent of my sin and ask you to save me. I believe you have saved me and I thank You for saving me, in Jesus name. Amen.”